Once a Persian Kisra commands a collection of historians to write down the history of mankind from the earliest known history to that day. Year after year, historians complete their writing. The number of writings carried by 10 donkeys. So the Kisra commanded the historians to recapitulate the text.
Year after year passed again, and once again the historians completed their writing, this time shorter, 100 bundles. But with the consideration that Kisra had aged so incapable of reading the entire writing, he instructed the experts to summarize the writing to be shorter.
So once again, the historians summed up the text. Year after year goes by, the historians have not finished the writing. Until finally Kisra was about to die, so he summoned one of the leaders of the historians to tell the history of mankind in a concise form before his death.
After thinking, the chief of these scholars summarizes to Kisra that the history of mankind, in general, is the same; Born, Tired and then Died. After hearing the words of the historian then Kisra breathed his last breath.
Human life may be written in a different way but the cycle is always the same, so the conclusions are taken by the historians of ancient Persia. But are the conclusions taken by them true? Sometimes we feel had learned from the experiences of people in the past, learn from the mistakes made by people in the past but we subconsciously repeat the behavior of the people before us.
The most basic mistake of human attitude. Feeling perfect, so no longer want to learn and accept criticism for the development of knowledge and soul to be stagnant. His form can change a man in a matter of time, Sukarno who in his youth straight struggle for Indonesian independence and must be willing to become a political prisoner of the Colonial government. When Sukarno became president precisely “imprisoned” his comrades own arms.
Humans basically often do wrong, but the best people are those who want to learn from mistakes to be better, the various calamities that hit this nation is a test to become a better nation. The Japanese would not advance if they were not “atomic bombed” by allies, Germany became Europe’s strongest industrial nation after being torn apart by two world wars.
South Korea became the power of Asian Economy after the Korean War left trauma. And many other examples. Various calamities are also a sign, something is wrong our self. And maybe we should change it immediately. The choice is, learn from history or repeat history.
TRANSLATE FROM: PENGULANGAN SEJARAH
- DEVIL FACE OF AN ANGEL; 19 November 2010;
- SPEECH OF THE BIRDS; 25 April 2017;
- AGAINST TRADITION IS ACTUALLY VERY OLD TRADITION; 8 May 2017;
- THE FALL OF ICARUS, WHEN A MAN TRIES TO REACH THE SUN; 14 May 2017
- HISTORY OF COFFEE; 18 May 2017;
- HISTORY OF SARONG; 20 May 2017;
- WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE SUICIDE BOMBING; 25 May 2017;
- RAMADAN AND RELATIVITY; 26 May 2017;
- CONQUEST OF CULTURE; 15 June 2017;
- MANTE THE LOST PYGMY TRIBE; 13 July 2017;
- CIRCLE OF HATRED; 14 July 2017;
- WHY PALESTINE IS OUR SADNESS; 24 July 2017;
- THE ORIGIN OF THE COFFEE CULTURE IN ACEH; 19 August 2017;
- DISEASE TO DEATH; 26 August 2017;
- TAX AND CIVILIZATION; 9 September 2017;