HOW TO INHERIT THE GREATNESS
How many great people in the history of the world? When we open the pages of history then pretty we find the characters with extraordinary glory but how much they leave the people who will continue their brilliance, unfortunately only a few of them are aware.
Take a look at The Great Alexander of Macedon which conquered two-thirds of the world’s known world at that time. But what happens when he dies? His followers fought each other over conquered territories, and the Macedonian Empire sunk forever. Just beginning in the 1990s, Macedonia, whose capital Skopje emerged as a new state after independence from Yugoslavia. Now it has just become a small country.
In Indonesia, the most obvious example is how powerful, virtuous, and emphatic the mighty Sultan Agung of Mataram is and see how weak his son Sultan Amangkurat I is, which led to the release of one by one territory of the Sultanate of Mataram to the hands of the VOC.
That is why I was amazed when I read the story of the founder of the Tokugawa Shogunate in Japan at the beginning of the 17th century named Ieyasu Tokugawa to educate his son Hidetada Tokugawa as a potential successor, thus succeeding in his father’s struggle to unite Japan.
But that’s all nothing compared to a process we call the education of the Prophet. Men such as Abu Bakr, Umar ibn al-Khattab, Uthman ibn Affan, Ali ibn Abi Talib, Saad ibn Abi Waqqash and many other companions were not people who emerged on their own accord to the stage of history. They are those who are forged by the Messenger of Allah (SAW) to become ready-made people, then able to continue his struggle.
So it is only natural that a non-Muslim scholar Michael H Hart places the Prophet Muhammad at the highest peak of the 100 most influential people in the world to this day. He is not only a religious and state leader but also a teacher who is able to create the best generation in the history of mankind.
From the various experiences above we can take the lesson that we will not live forever. All sorts of expectations, and hope do not necessarily come true while we are alive and when it is achieved we really need the people who keep it on track otherwise it will all be just a one-man show. For that, it is important to train the next generation, to face the challenges that will always be new.
There is a phrase that is very attached to my head while reading La Tahzan’s book, the phrase is something like “Learn from the experience of others because the person grabs it with an expensive sacrifice while you get it for free.”
May we all be people who want to learn
Translate from MELANJUTKAN PERJUANGAN
- PIRATE, REBEL OR EVIL; 4 April 2017;
- THE HISTORY OF INDONESIAN POETRY; 6 April 2017;
- CIVILIZATION WITHOUT WRITING; 13 April 2017;
- PERPETUUM MOBILE; 17 April 2017;
- AGAINST TRADITION IS ACTUALLY VERY OLD TRADITION; 8 May 2017;
- WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE SUICIDE BOMBING; 25 May 2017;
- RAMADAN AND RELATIVITY; 26 May 2017;
- HOW TO PREVENT HOAX, A SCIENTIFIC JOURNAL; 6 June 2017;
- ISLAMIC SHARIAH WHO IS AFRAID, A CASE STUDY IN ACEH; 13 June 2017;
- ACEH WOMEN FULL POWER; 13 June 2017;
- CONQUEST OF CULTURE; 15 June 2017;
- DONNARUMMA THE TRAITOR; 18 June 2017;
- EID MUBARAK AND PASCAL LAW; 25 June 2017;
- CIRCLE OF HATRED; 14 July 2017;
- HISTORICAL REPETITION; 15 July 2017;