ISLAMIC SHARIAH WHO IS AFRAID, A CASE STUDY IN ACEH
In 2005. An article in the International Herald Tribune entitled Islamizing Indonesia by Michael Vatiokis, a former editor-in-chief of Far Eastern Asia Magazine, contains a global fear of spreading Islamic militancy and is increasingly palpable when the Indonesian Ulema Council has issued fatwas prohibiting mixed marriages, religious pluralism, and interfaith prayers.
On Tuesday, May 23, 2017. Two men a pair of gay at the whip in the yard of Lamgugob Mosque, District Syiah Kuala. They are convicted of sexual misconduct. They were caned 83 times. The sentence is reduced 2 times or two months of detention, according to the judge’s verdict.
The international world was shocked. “Whip and criminalization of same-sex relations are a striking violation of international human rights law,” said Amnesty International Deputy Director for Southeast Asia and the Pacific Josef Benedict.
“The international community should put pressure on Indonesia to create a safer environment for the gay community before the situation gets worse. No one should be punished for having sex on the basis of likes,” he added.
VOA Indonesia added that Homosexuality is not illegal in Indonesia, but Aceh, the most conservative province in the predominantly Muslim country, introduced anti-homosexual laws in 2014.
There is a lot of international writing and condemnation which contains complaints about the “gradual process of Islamization in Indonesia”. This article clearly informs us clearly how the international world is afraid of the possibility of sharia in Indonesia.
In Indonesia, Islamic Shari’a issues have existed since the formation of this State, the abolition of seven words in the Jakarta Charter is the beginning of a series of other events that follow behind such days; Great debate in constituent assembly between Masyumi-led Islamist camp, NU and PSII with Nationalist and Christian camps backed by PNI, PKI, IPKI, Partindo and Catholic Party; The ratification of the Marriage Bill of 1973 also faced a tough trial in the DPR to finally become Law No. 1 of 1974; And attempts to legalize abortion color the history of the country’s journey.
In the local context, how is the fate of Islamic law enforcement in the province of Aceh which is actually a Pilot Project of Islamic law enforcement in Indonesia? However, Islamic Shari’ah is welcomed by Aceh society, because Aceh’s past glory is achieved with Islam and hope the future of Aceh is also better with the enactment of Islamic law.
However, it is not fair that the Shari’a of Islam in Aceh is the barometer of the success of Islamic Shariah in Indonesia. This is based on Aceh has not fully run in many areas in Aceh itself.
In the implementation of Islamic law in Aceh not evenly and many people’s dissatisfaction about the technical implementation, whereas most of Aceh people put a very big hope on the implementation of Islamic Shari’a. However, the positive impact of the implementation of Islamic law in Aceh also began to appear gradually starting from the obligation of women wearing headscarves if they want to be home, the closing of shops before the Friday prayers, the decrease of actions that violate the Shari’a itself and more.
Is the implementation of Islamic law in Aceh running smoothly without a hitch? Of course, there’s still a lot of homework to do right away like there’s still little ability to touch things that are substantial and just touch the trivia. Islamic Shari’ah is not just a raid?
On Friday, the Friday prayer Khatib said that the current Shariah Islam in Aceh faces many obstacles, but it should not be seen as a problem but look at it as an opportunity or opportunity to improve and establish itself to the Islamic Shari’a. The question will be? Hopefully, only to God, we hope full and whole.
Translate from SYARIAT ISLAM SIAPA TAKUT
- CUMBOK WAR, A SOCIAL REVOLUTION IN ACEH (1946-1947); 8 April 2017;
- CIVILIZATION WITHOUT WRITING; 13 April 2017;
- ACEH THE FIRST SOVEREIGN COUNTRY TO RECOGNIZING THE INDEPENDENCE OF THE NETHERLANDS; 27 April 2017;
- VISITING THE EXHIBITION ACEH TOMBSTONE AS AN ISLAMIC CULTURAL HERITAGE IN SOUTH-EAST ASIA; 16 May 2017;
- DUTCH RAID OPERATION AGAINST CUT MEUTIA (1910); 20 May 2017;
- SAMUDERA PASAI AS THE FIRST ISLAMIC KINGDOM IN SOUTHEAST ASIA; 6 June 2017;
- ISLAMIC SHARIAH WHO IS AFRAID, A CASE STUDY IN ACEH; 13 June 2017;
- ACEH WOMEN FULL POWER; 13 June 2017;
- DUSK IN MALACCA; 4 July 2017;
- GOLD, INFIDELS, AND DEATH; 10 July 2017;
- MANTE THE LOST PYGMY TRIBE; 13 July 2017;
- HOW TO TELL HISTORY; 14 August 2017;
- THE ORIGIN OF THE COFFEE CULTURE IN ACEH; 19 August 2017;
- THE UNTOLD STORY ABOUT HISTORY OF THE COMMUNIST PARTY OF INDONESIA IN ACEH PROVINCE; 28 September 2017;
- WHEN CRITICISM IS FORBIDDEN; 14 October 2017;
- EXPLOITATION OF NATURAL RESOURCES, WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR ACEH; 5 November 2017;
- PEUCUT KHERKOFF, ACEH-DUTCH WAR MONUMENT; 12 November 2017;
- THE PRICE OF FREEDOM; 5 December 2017;
- ACEH CRAZY OR ACEH PUNGO; 25 February 2018;