ODE OF AN EAGLE
Your eyes are sharp, piercing the sky. Your wings are swaying the eagle, where are the feathers? Your claws are dull, aren’t they? O eagle, try to look at the mega-mega twilight there. Its mauve color is slicing for your unflipped wings.
Eagle how do you feel about your chained feet? You are mute. There is no bulging chest. Now you are just a pawn of the kings. You have forgotten the joy of flying. Eagle do you know? Out there your nation is threatened with extinction.
Eagle, king of birds. Your legend is vague now. Your self-worth has been torn apart by time. Take you to this cage. Your beak forgets the fresh blood of your prey alive. Now, only human compassion is the source of your livelihood.
Oh, eagle. How long have you been here? Keep away from your natural habitat. Enjoy the top of the food chain in a green mountain ecosystem. Eagle, life is a story about prey, right?
Your eyes don’t know tears, right? But why does it look so sad to me? Every day only able to look up without being able to fly. Very annoying. It sure is sad to spend time expecting that day to come back.
Your longing floats freely under the inexpressible sunlight. Your expectations are no longer understood by most of us. The sad feeling you have is waiting to die in a cage. Let me tell them all. In the ode of an eagle.
Translate from: Ode Seekor Elang
- DUSK IN MALACCA; 4 July 2017;
- THE RIVERMAN; 18 July 2017;
- OH MAN, I COMPLETELY DON’T KNOW YOU; 23 July 2017;
- AFTER THE REVOLUTION ENDED; 28 July 2017;
- AN UNCLE’S STORY ABOUT THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT; 11 August 2017;
- FRIENDSHIP BETWEEN GOATS AND WOLVES; 29 October 2017;
- A NOTE FROM A LOSER; 10 November 2017;
- HARLEQUIN AND THE TREE OF HOPE; 13 November 2017;
- NOTHING; 18 November 2017;
- TESTAMENT FROM HANG TUAH; 25 November 2017;
- FOR ONE WEEK IN LOVE; 27 November 2017;
- INTERVIEW WITH THE DEVIL; 17 January 2018;
- THE BEAUTY OF THE MOON; 21 January 2018;
- ADIOS ANDALUCIA; 13 March 2018;
- THE STORY OF A SMALL COUNTRY AGAINST AMERICAN CAPITALISM; 18 April 2022;